Victor Lorenz Gnehm
Attorney at Law
Preferred Areas of Activity
- Corporate and commercial law
- Establishment and legal management of domestic and international corporate and holding structures
- Contract law, in particular international transactions and M&A (cross-border)
- Financial Markets and Corporate Finance law
- Employment law
- Estate Planning
- Immigration law
- Victor L. Gnehm specializes in advising Swiss and international entrepreneurs and their enterprises, as well as larger companies and their top management. He acts as an external legal department for various corporations, and provides advice to entrepreneurs and the top management of larger enterprises on their private affairs as well.
Directorships and offices
- Member or Chairman of the Board of Directors of various companies (publicly listed and/or regulated by the Swiss Federal Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA) as well as SMEs)
- Member of the VQF Financial Services Standards Association, a self-regulatory organization officially recognized by the Federal Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA) for anti-money-laundering
- (Board) Member of various professional and non-professional organizations Corporate and Commercial Law (incl. M&A)
Victor Lorenz Gnehm grew up in a small community close to Rheinfelden, Switzerland. He graduated from Simsbury High School (CT, USA) with a High School Diploma and obtained his baccalaureate from Gymnasium Muttenz, Switzerland. He studied law and economics at the University of Bern and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva. He was admitted to the bars of Bern and Switzerland in 1992.
In 1992, Victor joined the investment banking arm of one of Switzerland’s top banks, where he was employed consecutively as Assistant (Japan Desk), Desk Head Greater China, Team Head Eastern Europe and Assistant to a Member of the Executive Board. In 1995, Victor was seconded to Moscow and Kiev, Ukraine, where he helped build the local affiliate of his employer as the local Vice Chairman in charge of Lending and Structured and Trade Finance. In 1998, Victor moved back to Switzerland in order to join a globally active management consulting firm, for which he worked as a Director in Zurich and London until 2001. In 2002, he rejoined the legal world in order to practice as an attorney at law.
Victor is married to a musician, and has a daughter. He lives in Lucerne, Switzerland, and loves playing the piano and reading. In summer he also enjoys water sports or indulges his passion for classic cars, and in winter he likes skiing.